Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy!


It has been almost 2 months since I have written in this particular blog, but life has been extremely busy.  Trying to feel better, trying to be more active...all has taken up a lot of my writing time!

I have lost over 40 pounds since the end of February, due in part to the anti-inflamatory diet I have been on since the beginning of April, which you can read about in my other blog What's Eating Danielle. I am happy to have lost the weight, I still have a lot more to go, but it is a great start and am proud of myself!

I also started auditioning again.  Every time we go see a show, I remember what it was like being on stage, and I wanted to have that feeling again!  I have had three auditions so far for plays and one audition for an indie film.  They all went well, and am waiting on the outcome--I hate waiting!!  The first audition was for Pittsburgh Shakespeare in the Parks, Much Ado About Nothing.   I wasn't as prepared for my audition as I should have been (i.e. didn't have my monologues completely memorized) and I didn't get in.  I was not upset.  It was my first audition in a long time. I was proud of my self for going!  My second audition was for McCaffery Mysteries, Inc., a non-profit murder mystery dinner theater company who donates some of their profits to local charity organizations.  Hopefully I will be doing a show with them in September.  Lastly, I auditioned for Fairest, the Black Tale of Snow White with Rage of the Stage Players.  I have seen a few of their shows, and love the twisted fairytales!! My audition went very well, so hopefully I will hear a positive outcome soon!

The pain has not let up much, unfortunately.  I am scheduled to start a six week pain management program on 6/23 and hopefully will be back to work some time in August.I have been fighting with the short term disability company and have to appeal, so money has been extremely tight.  The doctors don;t want me to return to work until I have completed the pain management program, yet they fail to send in the disability paperwork--this whole process has been a nightmare!!! I am in a ton of pain and so stressed out!  I wish I felt better and was able to go back to work, but right now I can't, and my job does not have work from home or part time for people in my position, so I just will have to play the waiting game.

I pray that this pain management program will help ease the pain that I have been experiencing over the past few months.  In the almost 10 years I have had fibromyalgia, this is the worst that I have felt and I hope that I never have to go through this again!!

1 comment:

  1. Awww sorry to hear about the pain.

    Hope the program help you out a bit.

    Oh and well done on the loss......even if it was incidental. It's still gone right.

    And WB!! :)

    ReplyDelete