Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Calgon, Take Me Away!!!

I have been in severe pain the past few days, perhaps I over did it on the weekend, and now I am paying the price.   Tired, extreme pain, etc, etc, etc. What else is new?????  On the bright side, I just started seeing a holistic health counselor, which you can read about in my other blog What's Eating Danielle,  who put me on an anti-inflammatory diet, which I started today. Hopefully everything I have been doing thus far, and will continue to do, along with this new diet, continued exercise and additional measures that will be recommended after my evaluations with the pain clinic, will get my body back on track and I can manager the fibromyalgia like I was before this setback.

4 comments:

  1. My sister treats her thyroid disease holistically-they put her on a gluten free diet (among other food restrictions) and she has had a ton of success. Well, success in that she is not cured, and still has symptoms, but to a far lesser degree! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen! Its been a month--can't say the pain has decreased, but I have lost about 15-17 pounds and 40 overall since I have been on medical leave these past two months. Its a struggle, but I am hanging in! I know you have been through a lot as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you eat on an anti-inflammatory diet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have eliminated all dairy, processed foods, refined sugars, and now gluten from my diet. I eat mostly green veggies, lean protein and whole carbs.

    ReplyDelete