Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Healing the Mind, Helping the Body!

I have had a great few days!!! Though still in a lot of pain, my mental attitude has improved significantly and allowed me to have some fun finally, after almost two months of misery!

Friday night, I went out with my husband for a bit to a Four Square event.  He is very social media and tech savvy and it is important for us to support each other's very different interests.  We did not stay very long because there were bad storms passing through, but at least we got out of the house for a little while!

Saturday we spent the day with my family with my parents, grandmother and 3 year old nephew Giovanni, who we love very much!! He is so smart, energetic, and just brightens up our lives!! Chris and I hope to have a child in the next few years, once we get our health and finances in order, but if it is not in the cards, at least we already have a wonderful little boy to spoil!! After that, I went home and passed out for the night while Chris went to the movies with his best friend.

Today Chris and I went our separate ways-he to watch the penguins with his friends and I to a birthday celebration with my friends.  Our plan was to originally go to a bit of both together, but since  I am not a huge sports fan and he did not know most of the people at the party,  we went to our own events and enjoyed ourselves immensely!

I know that my recent illness has affected our marriage.  I am irritable and in extreme pain.  My husband is loving, caring, and supportive, but does not understand my illness. He felt bad to leave me to go out with friends and I have had to yell at him to make him go out. As a person who has lived with this illness for almost 10 years, and lived alone for 5 years,  I am not used to people wanting to constantly  take care of me. I know its a part of marriage that I need to get used to, a partnership, but I have always been financially and socially independent.  I married my husband because I love him and because we have been through a lot together, not to have him take care of me!  This issue however for another time....

All in all, fabulous weekend!!  Meeting with the nutritionist tomorrow and started a new blog What's Eating Danielle to track the nutrition part of the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment